Wednesday, February 12, 2014

My Vodavi 3515-71 Phone Review, How My New Office Phones Compare To My Old Ones.

Submitted by Matt W. (1/29/2014)

Recently I was requested to write this Vodavi 3515-71 Phone review because I recently purchased them off a retail site and reviews of this product seemed to be limited. I accepted because it is important online consumers know what’s worth a buy and what’s not considering they can see the product fist hand for themselves. I am also one of “those guys” that do extensive reviews on stuff I buy from Amazon. Actually, I think someone knew this and that’s why they asked. No problem I enjoy doing. Alright enough about me, let’s talk about these phones.

I when I first entered the refurbishes phone website that I purchased them from I noticed that they had a very prominent message that said something along the lines of “All of the phones on this site will not work as standalone office phones the must be connected to the appropriate system’. I knew then that it would take a little more research than I had anticipated. So, I checked my preexisting phone system to learn the model name and number and did a little investigating to determine which models would be compatible with my preexisting system. As it turns out I have a “Vodavis STS system”. Only a few phones would work, one of them being the phone I purchased, The Vodavi Starpuls STS 3515-75 telephone. I was happy with this because I liked the look of the phone and they were a little less inexpensive than other models I was thinking of buying before I knew about the whole “compatibility issue” with my current phone system. I ended up buying only 2 units because the other phones I had in the office were working well. I also bought a few extra Vodavi handsets from the site because they were cheap and I figured I may need them down the road somewhere.

Vodavi 3515-71
Vodavi 3515-71


Takeaways the Vodavi STS telephone:


First, I want to mention that I really like the look of the phone. The charcoal color looks professional and clean and the texture of the phone is also pretty cool too. Instead of a smooth and shiny look like my old phones the phones have a sort of speckle texture with a flat color which I prefer. As far as I know the technology on the phone is great. I am not a big tech geek or anything, in fact, I haven’t even programmed most of the buttons on the phone. The software and inputs on the phone is something I’m looking to get into a little more. Maybe I’ll check back and write another review after I learn some more about this type of stuff since there doesn’t seem to be a whole lot written about it from a consumer standpoint. I bought them for roughly $100 and I think for the price it has been a fair deal so far. Again, if had another system I’m sure I would be paying a lot more so I am happy with how much they cost and their performance. I would recommend buying this if you too already have this STS system in place in your office. Model is: Vodavi 3515-71 Phone review.

No comments:

Post a Comment