Wednesday, February 12, 2014

How I Found Great Phones For A Great Price, My NEC DTH-16D-1 Phone Review

Submitted by: Brad K. (1/31/2014)

After months and months of searching for a phone system and phones that would best suit my new working environment I came across a NEC Elite 48 phone system and NEC DTH-16D-1 D-Term 80 telephones that had everything I was looking for. I also found a local service provider that works very closely with NEC and would come out upon moment’s notice to resolve any issues with my new system. I chose NEC because it seemed that they have very reliable telephones and great service providers.

Buying the equipment used save me a lot of money in the long run. Buying new would have cost me a fortune. Since I am also paying a for a monthly service contact I did not have the budget to buy the system and phones new. NEC has a wide variety of phones to choose from, many of which are more expensive or “advance models” than the 16Ds which I bought. I am not impressed with the more intricate phones because I do not even use all the buttons on the lesser models. There were also various cheaper models which I opted out of as well. I would suggest going with the bare minimum of whatever you think you will use. Personally, a few of my employees like to program the buttons so I knew I had to buy a middle of the road model to at least accommodate their needs. Otherwise I would have just purchase the less expensive phones they have. One thing I do really like about the phone is the ability to change different ring-tones for specific phone numbers. For example, here at my office we have 3 separate business entities that we operate out of the same business. Having a distinct ringtone helps us easily understand which company is being contacted exactly when the ring begins. This maybe be a typical feature on all NEC office telephones, I am not entirely sure.
NEC DTH-16D-1
NEC DTH-16D-1



I also enjoy the LCD screen and caller-id that the phone contains. It has never failed me and is very easy to read. Overall, this phone does nothing to seriously “wow” you. But it does enough to handle your everyday volume of calls very efficiently. After all, how much else do you really need a phone to do? I know some people are hung up on purchasing the latest and greatest technology but I am not one of those people, especially when it comes to my telephone equipment. This stuff can get very costly. DO I update my cell phone when the new model comes out? Yeah. But, I refuse to pay an extra $200 per unit to upgrade a phone that I only use as a phone. It’s not like these things can run apps or anything anyway- Just my opinion. This phone is a great buy especially if you search the internet for the best deal on used phones. The more you buy the large the discount you are likely to receive as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment